Suffolk Locum Service
Suffolk Locum Service is an exciting new project that has been created to support existing workforce initiatives.
It is a joint project between Suffolk GP Federation and the Suffolk Local Medical Committee (LMC), supported by both Ipswich and East Suffolk and West Suffolk clinical commissioning groups. We very much hope it will become an integral part of how GP practices and locums work together in the future.
The service provides:
- A booking portal (powered by Lantum) linking locums and practices together in a timely way to create a new Suffolk Locum Bank
- A support framework connecting GPs with the Suffolk primary care system.
The service aims to:
- Increase the number of regular locums working in primary care services across Suffolk.
- Help reduce the isolation felt by locums and improve connections with clinical networks and training.
- Retain as many Suffolk based locums as possible to work across Suffolk.
- Create a consistent experience by working with practices to support induction and ‘on boarding’.
- Improve the ‘permanent employment’ conversion rate of Suffolk locums.
- Use information generated by the service to inform further workforce development projects.
- Be a ‘no-cost’ service for practices and GPs.